Sunday, July 15, 2012

Still buying if not playing !!



Just coming off a phase of mega-shifts (due to annual 'festivities' here in NI) so no gaming for what seems ages but thanks to the joys of iPhone and 3G I have managed to make a couple of purchases whilst absent !!
Couple for my impending 48th (aaarrrrggghhh how did that happen !!) birthday.


























Love the Barbarossa To Berlin game that is directly derived from this so sort of a no-brainer and it gets good reviews. I am kinda taken with these card driven games.

























A period of WWII I am very interested in and despite mixed reviews (seems more simulation than game to some) I could not resist.




Another period high on my interest list. A more complex CDG type game but again just irresistible.

My lead mountain is getting further down priority list but I really must get my AWI British at least started as they were last years birthday pressie !!!















5 comments:

  1. Paths of Glory is on radar, Trying to resist. I have the Combat Commander series from GMT. The card activation system has sucked me in too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Damn right you're still buying, setting up a shop soon for your retirement especially as it's near....48!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous8:01 am

    Happy birthday Gary! Mine was 4 weeks ago but I'm still sitting on the birthday cash - I'm thinking "Red Winter" just released from GMT. I have made a (small) dent in my lead mountain recently which has started me thinking that 2 forces for Beneath the Lily Banners (possibly related to the "recent festivities") might be viable - nooooooo!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Not officially my birthday (like Her Majesty) until the 25th but after last week am feeling the full 48 already !

    Retirement at 55 (hopefully unless this Government continues to screw pensions etc) so literally just around the corner !!!

    ReplyDelete