Thursday, November 08, 2012

Wilderness War Vassal 1759 started (and more Arty)

Still playing Wilderness War by Pbem on Vassal with Norman  and just started the Early Season of 1759.
Due to holidays/trips/work and suchlike for us both we have been slow getting through turns but I still find this an intriguing game.
1758 saw fairly conservative actions from us both (I suspect we both had poor card draws ?).
French are however well established along Hudson River and whilst I am ashore in north on Quebec approaches my strength is not enough to push on as yet.
French tried more Indian raids in 1758 but none successful.
British built a fairly strong line of Forts and Stockades.
I am hoping 1759 will see a more concerted effort by my troops to mass against the French and their allies..................


Start of 1759
















Also still messing around with the Instagram App (and some others) on my iPad, with some of my old miniatures photos, just something 'nice' about the images it generates and easy to use.
Totally pointless and time consuming but it brings out the artist in me (some might say piss-artist !)









4 comments:

  1. Anonymous6:30 pm

    Hi Gary, as the French I'm finding it very hard to replace losses due to not drawing the right cards, and I think the French have to be careful about giving battle due to losses and giving VPs away if they lose a large enough battle. Also being ahead on VPs (for the moment anyway) can make one very cautious :-) Cheers Norman

    ReplyDelete
  2. My main problem is too many mediocre Generals (loss of Johnston a blow at start) requiring high value cards to do anything.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice 'soft lens' special effect on the photos Gary.

    The F&I War is such an interesting period. One day I'd really like to do it as a campaign. Do you think the Wilderness War system would be any good for generating tabletop games?

    James

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi James

      WW is a card based game so I think hard to use its system to translate to a miniatures game but the map and counters could certainly be utilised IMHO

      Delete