Sunday, January 13, 2013

Couple new games arrive or arriving........and Infamy











A couple of new games arrived at Steiners Bunker but sadly absolutely no time to spend with them so far due to ongoing duty commitments.
Hope to get a look at them later all being well.



Jours-De-Gloire Campagne IV: Allemagne 1813 de Lutzen a Leipzig
Bit of a mouth full but a game from French (really !?) company Hexasim, publishers of Vae Victis magazine.
This is a boxed game covering 1813 campaign from battles of Lutzen to Leipzig (again really !?) an extension apparently of several magazine type games using this Days of Glory system.
My first game from Hexasim (I also like look of their Liberty Roads WWII game).
First blush (all I have time for) is very nice counters decent point to point map and nice but flimsy cards.
Rule book not too thick and nicely presented and thankfully in English despite my obvious command of French :-)
A period I am very interested in (my Prussian miniatures based around the 1813/14 period).
I got this one of a chap in Scotland via BGG and its in mint condition.





Next up Combat Commander: Mediterranean as promised (to myself anyhow).
Cunningly it looks to be more of same as Europe version (indeed I believe it's essentially the 'second half' of initial system release).
Lots of counters to punch and clip (neighbours must think I have toughest toenails in Christendom !!) several new maps and card decks.
Includes British French and Italians with the latter two also doubling for various Allied and Axis 'minor' nations.
This one I got new from Hexasim site as the Euro cost including postage was several pounds cheaper than UK supplier costs.
I confess I was as site looking at Liberty Roads and got pleasantly waylaid.........
I also found myself clipping a few counters a 0200hrs after finishing a shift !!







Also inbound from US0fA I have Fast Action Battles: The Bulge a GMT block and area style game I have had a hankering for ((there must be some form of medication to subdue this !?) but which has been out of stock in UK

















































Of course none of this helps reduce my lead mountain (cardboard mountain fast gaining height) but what the hell eh !!!???

"Infamy, infamy they've all got it in for me"

And so on a related note my notoriety has scaled new heights with one of my Blog entries re Combat Commander: Europe being linked/referenced (or maybe it was a warning against ?) by none other than than C3i OPs site (in house magazine site of GMT run by Rodger B MacGowan an artist whose box art adorns so many of my games).
Have not seen the huge royalties cheque as yet but doubtless it is in the post :-)

http://www.c3iopscenter.com/currentops/ and specifically http://www.c3iopscenter.com/currentops/?p=22499 refer.





















6 comments:

  1. The 1813 game looks interesting; I'm keen to hear what you think of it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. the Lutzen and Leipzig game sounds good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The 1813 does indeed look rather nice!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous7:40 pm

    FAB Bulge! You got one :-) The timing of this event might decree that this should be our next game on Vassal?
    From memory I think one sides movement is done all at once so no problem there, and combats are fought one area at a time - after all the resources are committed then the attacker could roll for both sides. Decisions made post-combat on whether to take step losses, disruption or retreats might involve an extra exchange of logfiles I suppose. We could try a turn and see how it plays - let me know if you think it's suitable after you get a chance to run through it solo. Cheers, Norman

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes found one a decent price from NWS site in USA and on its way (hopefully here next week). More than happy to give at least a try on Vassal. At least there are no French sods to give me grief :-)

      Delete
    2. Anonymous4:26 pm

      Good stuff - you've been looking for that for a while now.

      Delete