Thursday, March 21, 2013

Vassal Pbem games ongoing

Couple of screenshots from Pbem Vassal games I have onging at present.
Vassal is great way to play board style wargames over internet via Pbem.
I took a while to get used to its system but find it very enjoyable now.
Still prefer physical gameplay (I sometimes miss units in Vassal compared to real three dimensional counters) but as needs must.



Thirty Years War game by GMT just started vs Mike Ketterman from USA
Mike is Cathloics and I the 'Prods'


























Protestants under Mansfeld put pressure on Elector of Saxony












Paths Of Glory by GMT also versus Mike (we are well into this one now)
Mike is Central Powers (ie the baddies) and Allies under my whims 




























Shifting Sands by MMP vs Norman Johnston (ex pat Ulsterman in Merry ole England) we are nearing end of the short Sonneblumme scenario in this. Norman is leading the Allies in this one as I try to emulate Herr Rommel and his mates.






4 comments:

  1. I like the idea of this....a lot!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep, very cool. I'm going to have to look into vassal.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi,
    Please post more info in the progress of your PoG game. I am interested in seeing if Brits will try to push.
    Nice blog

    Tito

    ReplyDelete